The Influenza season is near and we hope you are seriously considering providing the vaccine for your team to control influenza in your workplace this year.
Our approved vaccinators are readily available for your onsite service or at our clinics if vouchers are preferred.
This year’s vaccine is available from March to July and contains protection from:
– A/California/7/2009 (H1N1)pdm09-like virus
– A/Perth/16/2009 (H3N2)-like virus
– B/Brisbane/60/2008-like virus
Why is influenza immunisation needed every year?
Annual immunisation is required for two key reasons:
1. Protection lessens over time
2. Each year, influenza can be caused by different influenza viruses that are not represented in the previous year’s vaccine. The vaccine is reformulated annually to contain the most up to date composition of viral antigens, to ensure your employees get the best vaccine match against likely circulating strains. The 2012 strains are unusual though as this years are the same as 2010 and 2011
National Influenza Specialist Group’s key messages for 2012:
a. Influenza can be a serious illness with severe effects including hospitalisation, complications and even death
b. You can spread the flu to people, including your family/whanau and friends, who are at most risk of complications
c. Influenza can affect anyone, no matter how fit, active and healthy they may be
d. Get protected each year as the flu virus is always changing – so this year’s influenza season could be worse than the last
e. Influenza immunisation cannot give you the flu
f. The immunity provided through influenza vaccination is completely natural (www.influenza.org.nz)
Our onsite service includes an onsite schedule, promotional resources (posters & pamphlets), consent forms, administering the vaccine and after care information.
Our voucher service includes influenza pamphlets, administering the vaccine and after care info.
Provided you have confirmed numbers, we can send you a cost asap, so register your interest now!