‘Under the Health and Safety in Employment Act 1992, and its 2003 amendments, employers have an obligation to take “all practicable steps” to ensure the safety of employees while at work. Drugs and Alcohol are listed in the amendments as being a potential hazard. The introduction of drug testing workplace, particularly in safety sensitive areas, is one way in which employers can meet their obligations. Workplace drug testing must, however, take account of several laws including the Privacy Act 1993, the New Zealand Bill of Rights Act 1990, and the Human Rights Act 1993’
Workplace Wellness can assist companies by testing their employees for the use of any Drug substances according to Australian and New Zealand standards (AS/NZS 4308:2001) by using a specimen instant six pot drug test kit which tests for use of the following drugs:
- THC (Marijuana)
- Methamphetamines (“P”)
An adulteration detection strip is also identified to detect substances which may have been used to alter the specimen.
Employers who choose to use these procedures can rest assure that our team will assist them in creating a positive Drug and Alcohol process that suits whilst creating a healthier and safer place for their organisation.
Workplace Wellness Systems can drug test using three different kits:
- THC only (cannnabinoids)
- 6pot Instant (as mentioned above for amphetamines, opiates, benzodiazepines, methamphetamines, cocaine, and cannabinoids)
- ESR laboratory collection for elaborative results
Drug Testing Workplace is carried out for pre/post employment, random testing, post incident testing, reasonable cause or any combination of these.
- all employees to be drug tested are to complete medical and drug consent forms
- photo identification is viewed
- process is explained to employee
- client is tested
- result is discussed with client and sent back to employer